Procurement Officer Offshore Wind Projects
Functieomschrijving Procurement Officer Offshore Wind Projects
In the role of Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the procurement of challenging sub-contracting packages for offshore wind projects. You will be involved in all phases of the project; tender, preparation and execution. A key point is that you will take responsibility for the entire procurement process, with the aim of assuring the delivery of quality services and products. This is an independent, commercial and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
- Point of contact for the procurement and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and relevant internal departments
- Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers commercial / financial and operational level
- Creating and implementing a procurement strategy for each project and/or purchasing package
- Updating procurement status reviews in order to proactively inform project management
- Securing synergies with other tenders and projects and investigate opportunities for incorporating specific purchasing packages into framework agreements
- Pre-qualification and auditing of suppliers,
- Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders
Functie-eisen Procurement Officer Offshore Wind Projects
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical (e.g. civil engineering) or commercial discipline
- Possibly supplemented with NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contract forms, or a willingness to develop on these areas
- At least 5 years' experience in tactical/strategic project procurement, preferably gained on large international civil engineering or offshore projects (for example: EPCI)
- A strong affinity with technology, commerce and the offshore wind market
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills (including listening), positively critical, flexible but nevertheless steadfast when necessary. We regard the presence of these character traits as self-evident
- Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and an interest in continues improvement
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Pieter van Bodegom
+31 88 8268068
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.